Sunday, March 1, 2009

Can you Guess who this is?? You might be surprised

Okay.....I am a little upset right now after a talk with a friend of mine via facebook tonight. So if I seem a bit off...I apologize. The topic of conversation was life and money problems.

My viewpoint is this "If you're alive you have money problems (somewhere) regardless of who you are, where you live and how much you make.

Broke!! Who hasn't been? Feeling like there is no silver lining at the end of that dark cloud?

Been there, done that and read the book....several times. It's one of my fav's lol ;), I am pretty sure I have it printed on a tie dye shirt hehe. Just kidding.

Anyway. There is an old saying that goes something like this " If you think you can or can't you are right". What's my point your probably thinking, my point is if you don't like your life then change it. The world doesn't owe you a thing. The universe is unfolding as it should, you wanna better life than get off your poor, poor pitiful me kick and do something about it.

It's too hard, my friend said. I wanted to literally smack him but I couldn't. The joy of facebook...lol...I did it cyber style. So here is ultimately a tale I told him and am now sharing with you.

Can you guess who this is? No cheating read it before scrolling down ;)

1. A few years ago, maybe 6 or 7 (I won't make this easy) this person was on welfare and raising a child alone.

2. Was financially broke beyond what most people hit.

3. Had a vision and turned it into a tidy sum of 1 Billion Dollars, you read that right.

4. Is now 41 and living the good life.

The answer is:

Before I reveal that I want to go back to number 3. Re-read that if you please.

3. Had a vision and turned it into a tidy sum of 1 Billion Dollars, you read that right.

This person had a vision, a thought, an idea that was most certainly scoffed at by some people. But this person chose to go their way and didn't listen to the nasty nay-sayers.

Thank God. Because if she had we wouldn't be enjoying her wonderful works of fantasy and fiction. You "may" have heard of Harry Potter.

J.K. Rowling.

Yes J.K. Rowling was on welfare a single mother and raising her child when she got a call that changed her life and ours forever. Her books were going to be published.

Imagine for a moment how empty her life would have continued to be had she not chosen to believe in herself. Now imagine how many times you had a great idea and didn't follow through because of nay-sayers!

If you believe it, you can achieve it.

Get out there and change your fortune. It may not be easy, but nothing worth having ever is.

Why are you still reading? Get out there :)

Garret

Garret W Belisle is a blogger offering a family friendly website which updates at least once daily. Be sure to sign up for the daily motivational tips. It's fresh and crisp..Please feel free to visit http://www.need-to-get-some.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment